– Entrance hall with iron wrought staircase and coat hangers.
– Open-plan lounge and dining room with 8 seater handmade wooden dining table, TV with Google Chrome Cast (don’t forget your Netflix password!), brand new 4 seater sofa and armchair, as well as air conditioning. Windows to the outside have shutters and insect screens.
– Fully equipped kitchen with vitro-ceramic electric hob, double sinks, Senseo coffee machine and Whirpool oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
– Washing machine in adjoining utility room.
– Separate toilet.
– Bedroom 1 (Master) with King-size bed (new), fitted wardrobes, air conditioning, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
– Bedroom 2 with twin beds (new) that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fitted wardrobes, fan, window with electric shutters and insect screen.
– Bedroom 3 with twin beds (new) that can be converted into a large double bed with double layover mattress for your comfort, fan, French doors with electric shutters and insect screen opening up onto a balcony with little table and chairs.
– Family bathroom with bath with shower attachment (and rain shower attachment), double sinks and plenty of storage and towel space.
– Private heated swimming pool (8mx4m) with steps access. Depth up to 1,60m. Heating upon request, extra charge applies.
– Air conditioning (downstairs living/dining room and upstairs master bedroom)
– Electric shutters and insect screens (on most doors and windows)
– Wifi internet
– Google Chrome Cast (Netflix, streaming)
– Garage/Private/Secure/Street parking
– Pets accepted under circumstances (please enquire)
– No smoking (outside only)
– Washing machine
Private VillaPrivate PoolHeated PoolSecure fenced poolUn-overlooked Pool2+ BedroomsPrivate ParkingSecure ParkingStreet ParkingAirconHeatingInternetTerraceBBQ AreaNo SmokingChild FriendlyEasy Walk to ShopsGolf NearbyWatersports Nearby
Sauvian is a typically French village with an exceptionally Mediterranean atmosphere. Located in the heart of the Languedoc region of Southern France, only 5-10 minutes by car from various beaches such as Sérignan, Valras and Vendres. There are regular direct buses to Valras-Plage and a dedicated cycling path to both Serignan Plage and Valras Plage.
With palm-tree lined streets and plenty to do, this is the ideal holiday location for people of all ages that are looking for a relaxing holiday with all amenities on their doorstep. There is a small supermarket in the centre of the village and a larger one on the outskirts. The main square is just around the corner of the house and boasts a bar, a brilliant restaurant, a tattoo parlour and a hairdresser. Just around the corner of the main square, you’ll find more bars, a couple of pizza restaurants, a florist, a Tabac, a post-office (with ATM), a Mairie, a great boulangerie (we recommend the almond croissants!), a park with a playground for children, a butchers, a gym, a chemist and a doctor’s surgery. Just a bit further are tennis courts and pétanque courts, all within easy walking distance of Shangri-La.
Children can play in the local park while teenagers can join the local skateboarders of the village. Adults can relax on the terrace of one of the multiple bars, or you can attend one of the many events that Sauvian has throughout the summer. Don’t miss out on the weekly market!
Béziers is only 10 minutes away and is a must-see with cobble-stoned roads winding all around the historic centre and the city’s landmark cathedral. Full of bars, restaurants, ice cream vendors and many shops. Visit Le Vieux Liège for a delicious 3-course meal, or dance the night away in Le Chameau Ivre overlooking the dancing fountains.
If you’re looking for a bit of shopping, head to Le Polygone, a beautiful shopping centre with a cinema and bowling alley on the top floor, as well as more restaurants than you can count – sushi, Italian, tapas, burgers, crêpes – you name it, they’ve got it.
Other highlights in Béziers include the Canal du Midi, various nightclubs, shopping opportunities and beautiful parks that you’ll find yourself not wanting to leave.
Other easy to reach villages and towns that are well worth a visit include Pézenas, Narbonne, Puisserguier, Colombiers, Sérignan, Valras, Cessenon-sur-Orb, Roquebrun and much more.
– Although located in the centre of the village, there is very minimal road noise due to being located at the end of a drive that is shared with only one neighbour. The surrounding roads are one-way and of a maximum speed of 30 km/h, making it very safe f
We stayed in this wonderful house for a few nights early June 2019 and had a great time! It was recently refurbished and done up very tastefully, we very much enjoyed the conservatory and of course the heated pool – bliss at this time of year! The location was great, just around the corner from the main square but very private and quiet at the same time. The village was very charming, we loved la table de charme restaurant – it was also great being able to get our croissants and shopping by foot in the morning. Nearby beaches are wonderful, although the water was freezing when we were there! We definitely recommend this villa!
We’ve had a wonderful stay at Shangri-La! The area is great for the whole family, with lots of things to do and see and many child-friendly activities. We’ll definitely be back, it was great!
– Martis family June 2019
I recommend this wonderful house in which we spent a brilliant family holiday. Well appointed, stylish house with private pool and air conditioning. The owners were very kind and only a phone call away. – Marie 9-14 July 2019
We highly recommend this beautiful and charming house in Sauvian. We stayed for 5 nights and absolutely loved it. The house was so neat and clean. and the owners were the perfect hosts, being very helpful and making us feel so welcome! – May Gulbrandsen July 2019
- France: France
August 4, 2019 6:36 pm
1860 days, 8 hours
123 total views, 2 today
- Gite L’Ecurie
- Mazamet – where the mountains meet the sea
- Le Vieux Logis
- Gite La Fleurette
- Le Petit Chene
- Gite Georgou – Domaine La Broutie
- Charming cottage down a quiet country lane. Sleeps 6 and a baby.
- La Blatière Stables-heated pool, rural setting, Wifi, close to it all
- Maison des Cerisiers
- Charming gite in central Brittany