Spa & Entertainment:
– Heated Outdoor swimming pool 12m x 6m x 2m (typical summer temperature 25’C)
– Charcoal grill BBQ
– Deck chairs
– Private Garden
– Private Playground
– Private Terrace
– Boules/petanque Court
– Bed linen
– 3 Double beds
– 1 King bed
– 1 Studio couch
– 4 Single beds
– Coffee machine
– Cooking utensils
– Kitchen stove
– Water cooler
– Water purifier
– Air conditioning (loft room)
– Electric heating
– Wireless Broadband Internet
– Stereo system
– TV (Antenna)
– Hair dryer
– Iron & Board
– Washing machine
– Security system
– Vacuum cleaner
Private Pool6+ Bedrooms4+ BathroomsGames RoomPrivate ParkingAirconHeatingInternetSatellite TVFireplaceTerraceBBQ AreaPet FriendlyChild FriendlyGolf NearbyWatersports NearbySpacious gardenEvent Venue
Enjoy the Pyrénées mountain-views and the golden sands of the award winning Languedoc beaches and explore the fascinating history of the Cathar. Corbiere really does have it all from climbing to hilltop castles to relaxing in the vineyards with a bottle of your favourite wine..
Whether its springtime cycling, autumn mountain climbing, winter skiing or beach time sun…The region of the Languedoc has something for everyone.
‘Villa Rouge’ has been a popular base for tourist destination for the last 50 years due to its perfect position, covering over 6000m2 of landscaped gardens, orchard and vineyard in the centre of the Corbière ‘wine route’.
Nearest villages: Fabrézan, St Laurent de la Cabrerisse, Ferrals – all 5 minutes.
Beaches: 20-30 minutes.
The national bicycle routes criss-cross through Corbière providing a rich choice of countryside from the the 100 Sq Km of pine forests with graded mountain bike tracks through to the gentle promenade of the Canal du Midi and coastal paths.
‘Villa Rouge’ caters for visitors all year around from skiing groups heading up for a couple of days in the Pyrenees (1hr30m to ski resorts) through to Spring and Autumn hikers heading for the beautiful lavender laden hills and of course the summer sun worshipers who are spoilt for choice between pool, sea, river or lake. Most of the Languedoc region is protected as a national park so beaches and forests remain pristine and with over 70 km of beach you can be assured of a place to call your own from the lively beaches of Narbonne to the tranquil lost oasis of ‘Franqui Plage’ (20 mins) which is also one of the leading Wind and Kite surf destinations in the Mediterranean.
The region is steeped in history as it was the centre of the 11th Century ‘Cathar’ religion which due to its disagreements with Rome resulted in the building of numerous fine castles and fortifications, the most famous being Carcassonne Castle (20 mins).
With the Spanish border being only 30 mins away you can easily go on a gastronomic tour covering the fine southern French cuisine with its goats cheeses, cassoulet, duck specialities and fine wine but also dip into the Catalan culture of Tapas, seafood and margaritas. Barcelona is only 1hr30m away by car or an hour by train from Narbonne station.
– The tranquility of the countryside and relaxing space does mean a car is required. Free parking for up to 10 cars is available. The nearest airport is Carcassonne which is 20 mins away by car. Rentals cars can be picked up at the airport from as little as £15/day.
– You can cycle to the local village of St Laurent de Cabrerisse in about 20 minutes where there is a mini supermarket, a cafe bar, a bakery, a newsagents, a hairdresser and a food van.
Other things to note:
– Michelin guide restaurant (Catimini, Ferrals), just 2km away…’al fresco’ dinning at it’s best!
– Local shops and bars within 10min walk and cycle path to largest nearby medieval town, Fabrezan, where there are numerous bars, pizzerias and quality restaurants.
– Golf courses 25mins away.
Regarding car hire – the property does maintain a 4×4 VW Touareg 3L V6 (2008 UK right-hand drive) and this can be rented on a weekly basis subject to insurance restrictions. (ask for details)
– The entire house is available and completely private for your use. There are also 6 hybrid road/mountain bikes that guests are free to use at an extra charge of £200.
Interaction with guests:
– A caretaker lives nearby to assist with obtaining keys and in case of emergency. The pool guy visits twice a week to clean and service the pool.
Policies : Credit cards accepted, Accessible 24/7, Children welcome, Pets allowed only after arrangement, Smoking not allowed inside, Unsuitable for elderly or infirm, Wheelchair inaccessible, Parking garage, Parking Included.
No smoking indoors.
Please leave property in a clean and tidy state.
Please report any breakages.
Note the pool manager passes on Saturday and Wednesday mornings around 7am to check and clean pool, he will arrive via the lower garden so as to not disturb the guests.
The maximum number of people on the premises at any one time is 16. Larger groups can be authorised only with prior agreement by the owners. A surcharge of £500 will be applied if in breach of this rule.
In the cooler seasons you can use the wood in the garage for open fires but please ensure the fire guard is always used to protect from sparks.
– Smoke detector
– Carbon monoxide detector
– First aid kit
– Safety card
– Fire extinguisher
No results found.
- France: France
August 4, 2019 8:16 pm
1881 days, 13 hours
193 total views, 1 today
- Gite Georgou – Domaine La Broutie
- La Blatière Stables-heated pool, rural setting, Wifi, close to it all
- Gite La Fleurette
- Maison des Cerisiers
- Gite L’Ecurie
- Charming gite in central Brittany
- Le Petit Chene
- Le Vieux Logis
- Mazamet – where the mountains meet the sea
- Charming cottage down a quiet country lane. Sleeps 6 and a baby.